NAMI’s affiliates hold a variety of support groups in their communities. The Connections support groups are facilitated by individuals who live with severe mental illness for people who live with severe mental illness. There are also family support groups facilitated by family members of people who live with mental illness for family members of people who live with severe mental illness. Contact your local affiliates to find out more about their support groups and other resources.
- Connection Support Group– for peers only: Sundays: 3:00-4:30 pm, and Thursdays: 1:00-2:30 pm. Meet at NAMI Billings Office, 3333 2nd Ave. N, Suite 150, Billings
No registration required
- Family Support Group- Tuesdays: 7:00-8:30 pm, and Thursdays: 7:00-8:30 pm
Meet at NAMI Billings Office, 3333 2nd Ave. N, Suite 150, Billings
No registration required
- Peer-to-Peer- Wednesdays-Mar 11-Apr 29 6:00-8:00 pm at NAMI Billings
- Basics Class- Thursdays- Feb 27-Apr 2 – 6:00-8:00 pm @ Family Tree Center 2520 5th Ave. S (FREE childcare and children’s meals provided)
- Family-to-Family- Mondays- Mar 2-Apr 20 6:00-8:00 @ NAMI Billings
Call NAMI Billings at (406) 256.2001 for more information on classes and support groups, or visit us on our website at namibillings.org.
- Family-to-Family Education Class TBA
- Family Support Group is a free ongoing support group on Sundays starting November 1, 2020 from 2-3:30. This will be an online group on a zoom platform and will be offered to people who are in need of support in the Havre Lewistown area. For more information and a link to the meeting, please contact NAMI Havre’s Crystal Laufer at 406-262-7653 or NAMI Lewistown Janette Warner at 406-350-2004
- Family and Friends Seminar TBA. Sign up at this link: https://www.nami.org/Find…/NAMI-Programs/NAMI-Family-Friends
- Family Support Group – Third Wednesday of each month at the NAMI Montana office- 1331 Helena Ave. from 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm. It is an in person or zoom platform. Contact Byron at 406-422-5646 or Colleen at the NAMI Montana office 406-443-7871 for more information.
- NAMI Connection Peer Support Group – This group meets at 7:00 p.m. on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month at the NAMI Montana office building- 1331 Helena Ave. For more information, contact Kim at 406-465-3066 or Erin at 832-623-3436.
- Family-to-Family Education Class: TBA It is a free, comprehensive 12-week course designed specifically for family members of persons with major depression, bipolar, schizophrenia, panic disorder, post traumatic stress, obsessive compulsive disorder or a co-occurring disorder(both mental illness and substance abuse).
OFFERING: Information on stigma; medication;
coping skills; self care; emotional support; communication;
brain function; and problem solving. (prior registration is required)
- NAMI Peer to Peer- TBA
- NEW: Family and Friends seminar : TBA :https://www.nami.org/Find…/NAMI-Programs/NAMI-Family-Friends
- Hope and Advocacy Group– Support group for middle school age, high school age and transition 18-25. The group meets the first and third Tuesday every month at 7pm at Our Redeemers Lutheran Church. Call Jill Henry at 406-422-8753 if interested? This is not a NAMI group.
- NAMI CRAFTS: Wednesday afternoons from 2:00 to 3:30 at 202 Brooks, Room 210. This group is open to adults living with mental health issues and interested in drawing, painting, bead work, decorating, and other craft activities.
- NAMI WEEKLY MEETING: Thursday mornings from 10 to noon in Room 103 at the Providence Center, 902 N. Orange. This is an open group for anyone affected by mental illness or interested in learning about NAMI.
- NAMI CONNECTION: Tuesday evenings (by Zoom) from 7-8:30pm. Here’s the link to that information at our website: https://namimissoula.org/nami-connection/
- NAMI FAMILY SUPPORT & EDUCATION TBA
- NEW: Family and Friends Seminar: starting November 23, 2019 at 202 Brooks from 10:00-2:00 PM. Please contact Deb Orozco and Bev Young for more information. Please use this link to sign up for the seminar. https://www.nami.org/Find…/NAMI-Programs/NAMI-Family-Friends
- NAMI Family-to-Family TBA
- Note: Some groups may not meet regularly over the summer or in person. Please call us at 880-1013 to confirm the schedule
ALL NAMI Missoula SUPPORT GROUPS ARE FREE AND CONFIDENTIAL; YOU DO NOT NEED TO REGISTER OR TO BE A MEMBER OF NAMI TO ATTEND. FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 406-880-1013 OR EMAIL email@example.com
- Family Support Group:Will start September 9, 2019 from 11:00am to 12:00pm at the Cornerstone Church, 280 Fairgrounds Rd., Hamilton MT 59840 Please contact Donna White for more information at 406-381-9884
Contact Tom Peluso at (406) 585-8959 for information about NAMI Bozeman’s Groups.
- Family-to-Family Education Class- TBA The April 2, 2020 class has been postponed to a undetermined date. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
- Peer-to-Peer Education Class TBA
- NAMI Basics class TBA
- Peer Connection Support Group– is a free ongoing group at the Open Arms Drop-in Center, at 699 Farmhouse Lane from 11am to Noon. –No group at this time due to COVID 19
- Family Support Group is held the first Monday of each month from 6:00-7:30 PM at the Bozeman Health Group (hospital) in the Sapphire Room.-No group at this time due to COVID 19
- NEW Family and Friends seminar: TBA
- NAMI General Meeting meets 2nd Tuesday of every month at 1:00 PM. Gateway Mall -Literacy Room. Please contact Julie Doyle at (406) 854-2323.
- Family Support Group meets the first and third Monday of every month at 6:00 at the Literacy Room at Gateway Community Center. Please contact Julie Doyle for more information at (406) 854-2323 or Colleen Konopatzke at (406)250-3795 or Dawn Jackson at (406) 260-6433
- Connection Peer Support Group meets every Thursday at 2:30 at Wheat MT Bakery. Please call Susan Thomas for more information at (406) 752-2353
- Family-to-Family Education Class Classes Start: Wednesday, Sept. 16, 2020 through Wedesday,Nov. 4, 20206:00 pm-8:00 pm Location: Gateway Community Center Room 20, D Entrance
1203 Highway 2 West, Kalispell. Please call Colleen at 406-250-3795 or Dawn at 406-260-6433 to register for the class and get more information.
- NEW: Family & Friends Seminar: TBA https://www.nami.org/Find…/NAMI-Programs/NAMI-Family-Friends
NAMI Great Falls
- Support Group meets the second Monday of each month from 7:00-8:30 PM at the Center for Mental Health, 915 1st Ave So. For more information and/or questions please call Dianne Van Auken at 467-2307
- Family-to-Family Education Class: a free 12-session course for families, partners, and friends of individuals living w/mental illness TOPICS: *greater understanding of mental illness, *ways to cope better w/the strains of mental illness, *become empowered to navigate the health care system: TBA
- Peer-to-Peer Educations class: It is a free 10 week course that offers information, resources and a community of support to aid you in developing your own recovery plan. TBA