NAMI Montana supports, educates, and advocates for Montanans with mental illnesses and their families.
Montana chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
How NAMI Montana Accomplishes its Mission
1. Helping concerned families and friends start up local support, education, and advocacy groups.
2. Educating the public to dispel mis-perceptions and overcome the stigma associated with mental illness.
3. Advocating for the interests of persons with mental illness, including advocacy for enlightened and effective laws and adequate funding for services.
4. Teaming with mental health service providers and other advocacy organizations to improve service delivery and encourage them to work with families as allies.
5. Promoting a range of support services in the community, including appropriate housing, income maintenance, low-stress employment and training, social networks, medical and rehabilitation services, and assertive case management.
6. Promoting research into the physiological, neurological, biochemical and genetic aspects of severe and persistent mental illness that could point to causes, treatment, and prevention.